Outside Sales Executive
Tri-State Disposal Inc | Riverdale, IL
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sales Executive is responsible for identifying leads and proactively prospecting and selling new and profitable business within an assigned geographic area. The Sales Executive is required to sell the full suite of Tri-State Disposals’, which includes small and large containers (commercial & Industrial) for municipal solid waste and recycling. The Sales Executive meets regularly with prospective new clients in his/her assigned territory to deliver sales presentations, follow up with key decision makers and sell all Tri-State services, including total waste-stream management solutions, as appropriate.
- Identifies viable leads, manages prospects and acquires new, profitable commercial, industrial and recycling business to meet and exceed monthly established targeted revenue goals.
- Follows up on the leads received by the Lead Generators within 2 hours and always creates a follow up task in our CRM platform to determine the next step.
- Utilizes Company CRM platform on a daily basis, schedules and documents all activities, and develops robust information profiles on prospective customers to facilitate acquisition of new customers.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to prospective new clients; follows up with key customer decision makers to close sales.
- Completes consistently scheduled phone blocks and cold call prospecting activities to establish initial and follow-up appointments with decision-makers.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated markets to anticipate changing customer needs.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, and pricing structures; offers additional services to existing and potential commercial, industrial and recycling clients, including total waste stream management solutions, as appropriate, to grow targeted profitable revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
- Completes required Customer Service Agreements, reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- Regularly meets with Sales Director to review weekly customer retention and relationship activities, progress versus goals and status of key customer relationships.
- Builds relationships and increases Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities as required; attends trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other events, as necessary. Acts as a Company representative at community events, where required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or needed.
- Waste or service industry experience.
- Proven sales hunting experience.
- 5 years relevant sales experience. (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years of direct selling experience in a customer-facing role that includes identifying and addressing customer needs. (Required)
- Valid driver’s license. (Required)
At Tri-State Disposal, each eligible employee receives a competitive compensation package including employee medical, life, short term and long-term disability insurance, 401K, and profit-sharing plan. Our employees also receive paid holidays, vacation, and personal days.