Seniors citizens 65 years or older may be eligible for a $5.00 monthly discount on their standard curbside solid waste (garbage, recycling, yard waste) charges.
To be eligible for the discount, the following is required:
- Applicants must be 65 or older at the time of application.
Please note: There are no retroactive discounts.
- Applicants must own and reside in the single family home or townhome with curbside collection.
Please note residents in multifamily or condominiums are not eligible for the discount. One discount per household.
If you meet all of the above requirements, please provide the following:
- Complete and sign an Application for Senior Discount.
- Provide proof of age. A copy of Applicant’s valid drdriver’sicense, or state-issued identification card, with current address must be attached with the application.
- Provide a copy of the current bill that indicates the Applicant’s name as the account holder and address as an attachment with the application.
- Return completed, signed application and supporting documents to one of the locations on the application.
Applicants will not be notified once applications are received. It may take 3-6 months from the date the application is approved for the discount to be reflected on a bill. To determine if you are already receiving the discount for single family residents, please review your Tri-State Disposal bill; under the description portion, it should indicate “Discount (sr)”, or contact Tri-State Disposal directly at 708-388-9910.