Full-Time Roll-Off Driver
Tri-State Disposal Inc | Riverdale, IL
We are looking for an energetic individual that has skills required to meet the responsibilities of this position within our growing company.
The Roll-Off driver is responsible for servicing customer accounts dispatched to him/her throughout the day. The driver will deliver and/or collect the roll-off containers and deliver the materials to the appropriate disposal site as directed by dispatch.
- Provide, replace, and remove roll-off containers and compactors for customers and dump materials at a disposal site or recycling center.
- Complete work assignments in a safe and efficient manner to avoid damage and accidents.
- Notifies dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways, or potential safety hazards.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Notifies dispatch of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Communicate professionally with customers
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service-related issues to the mechanics at the vehicle repair location.
- Keep company vehicle clean and free of trash/debris.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Tri-State Disposal, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state, and federal laws.
- Must have minimum of 2 years experience driving a Roll-Off truck.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid Class B CDL.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment DOT drivers physical and drug screen.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Ability to work Saturdays and overtime.
Physical Demands/Environment Factors
- Work under moderate supervision.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Requires pushing and pulling a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Frequent walking and standing up to 8 hours/day minimal.
- Physically able to enter/climb and leave truck cab frequently.
- Manual dexterity required to operate controls on truck.
- Able to work outside in the heat, cold, rain, and snow.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.