Rear Load Commercial Packer Driver
Tri-State Disposal Inc | Riverdale, IL
We are looking for an energetic individual that has skills required to meet the responsibilities of this position within our growing company. We are looking for a Safety Conscious CDL Driver to join our team at Tri-State Disposal located in Riverdale, IL.
In this position you will be operating a rear load packer truck on a specified route. Experience preferred, but not required.
Monday – Friday day shift with occasional Saturdays.
- Operating a rear load packer on a commercial specified route.
- Provides trash and/or recycling removal services by emptying trash/recycling containers into truck, replacing/returning containers, and hauling to designated disposal site.
- Complete work assignments in a safe and efficient manner to avoid damage and accidents.
- Notifies dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways, or potential safety hazards.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Notifies dispatch of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Communicate professionally with customers.
- Performs pre-and-post trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service-related issues to the mechanics at the vehicle repair location.
- Keep vehicle clean and free of trash/debris.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Tri-State Disposal, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state, and federal laws.
- Have 1 year of work experience as well as a stable work history in a driver position.
- Residential and commercial experience a plus.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid Class B CDL.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment DOT driver’s physical and drug screen.
- Must have a clean driving record and pass FMCSA Clearing House inquiry.
- Ability to work Saturdays and overtime.
Physical Demands/Environment Factors
- Work under moderate supervision.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Requires pushing and pulling a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Frequent walking and standing up to 8 hours/day minimal.
- Physically able to enter/climb and leave truck cab frequently.
- Manual dexterity required to operate controls on truck.
- Able to work outside in the heat, cold, rain, and snow.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.