Position – Mechanic
Tri-State Disposal Inc. | Riverdale, IL
We are seeking a knowledgeable, and hardworking individual to repair and maintain diesel semi-trucks and heavy equipment in accordance with factory and industry standards. You will troubleshoot and diagnose issues individually and as a team, providing the highest level of quality repairs, and safety. The ideal candidate must be responsible, motivated, and have experience as a diesel technician, diesel mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic, or have experience with semi-truck mechanic background.
This is a promotable position upon completion of union requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work are in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Own a tool set capable of supporting a general heavy equipment fleet and internal combustion engine maintenance.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves, dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Willingness to work overtime and some Saturdays.
- Valid CDL license in good standing.